Wednesday 4 August 2010

Big Bum Fashion Fan: Diana

Who are you?

I'm Diana, a 28-year old photographer from London. I'll be the person with a camera in front of my face at Big Bum Jumble. (Pssst: have a look at Diana's beautiful work on fashionlovesphotos.com)

What sort of things do you like to wear?

My style is somewhere between grungy and glam - as if someone squished Daria and Bettie together. Cute dresses, red lipstick, big boots, vintage bags. I am a sucker for cocktail, prom and sundresses, anything with floral prints and polka dots. I am also completely obsessed with make-up and accessories; giant flowers to detract from messy hair, bright perspex necklaces, retina-scorching eyeshadows. Basically if it's bright, chunky or plastic, chances are I will fall hopelessly in love with it. I've said it before but in my head, I am still essentially a 17-year old with chipped nail varnish jumping around to Hole. Especially when in a photography studio.

Whose style do you admire?

There are so many people out there who have such an incredible look. One of the advantages to living in London is that a bus journey can give you as much inspiration as a catwalk, as the people with the best style are those around you doing their own thing. Bettie Paige, Sophie Dahl, Shirley Manson and Dita are also other ladies who seem to pull it together every time. I can still remember sitting with a copy of the NME at college trying to dissect Manson's eye make-up so that I could recreate it!

Give us some fat fashion advice!

Dress for yourself and have fun with it! The biggest reason why an outfit will fail has nothing to do with the size of your bum, but whether or not you have the confidence to pull it off. Fashion is about having a giggle, and everyday should be treated like you're getting ready to walk the runway with your friends in tow. It's also so important to dress for your shape, and to not hide beneath a sheath of baggy fabric. Waist cinching belts are amazing, and if you're feeling like you need a little support, a corset and a good bra are always there to provide a little help.

What would be your dream find at the Big Bum Jumble?

I will be the happiest girl in the world if I can come away with a few lovely dresses. Tea dresses, cocktail dresses, prom dresses, anything that I can stuff lots of petticoats underneath and twirl around in before stumbling over my boots. Cute screen-printed tees would be brilliant as well. They're always handy to wear in the studio. Anything with dinosaurs and robots. I am a bit of a geek.

What else would you like to say?

If you're shy about having your photos taken, but would love to have some done, get in touch! You don't have to be a model to have beautiful pictures. After all, you'll be wanting to show off all the bargains that you find at Big Bum Jumble!

Would you like to be featured here as a Big Bum Fashion Fan? All you have to do is drop us a line: bigbumjumble@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment